Please review the instructions on this page prior to submitting your request for CTSC services. After reviewing the instructions you will find the link to request CTSC services at the bottom of this page.
Please note: When requesting services through our service request application, we ask you to have the information described in the tabs below readily available. Failure to supply the requested information may result in a significant delay in processing your application.
- If you have already requested services or are receiving CTSC support or services for an active/current study, please DO NOT submit a new request for services. Instead, email the new information or additionally requested services to the CTSC Concierge at email@example.com.
- To see a complete list of services offered download the CTSC Service Catalog (PDF).
Requirements for Each Type of Request
This information is required for all "Request for Services":
- Today's date
- Study Contact phone#
- IRB status and protocol #
- PI & Study Contact Name
- PI Expertise
- Study funding source
- PI Department
- Study Title
- Financial point of contact
- PI & Study Contact Email
- Requested start date
Additional information needed for Biostatistical requests:
- Type of investigation
- Sample size of data
- Deadline driving the work
- Source of data
- Biostatistician preference
- Format of data
Note: Please follow the instructions below if you are planning to submit a request for EMR Data Retrieval:
- Sign up for Cohort Discovery training and create a query for your research question.
- Identify the source of funding that will support this project, if applicable.
- Submit a copy of your IRB approval letter (PDF), along with a copy of the protocol describing your project.
- In the Notes section of the request form indicate any firm deadlines for data retrieval and the reason for deadline (ex. grant application, thesis, or conference presentation).
- If you are only submitting a request for EMR data retrieval, follow our instructions for submitting your request through UC Davis Health IT Service Hub (ServiceNow). If you are requesting multiple CTSC services, please complete the CTSC service request form in addition to the ServiceNow request.
Additional information needed for Clinical Research Center Requests:
- Upload a copy of your protocol along with your approved IRB documents (if available).
- Provide a short description of the services you are requesting from the CCRC in the "Summary of Clinical Services Requested" text box.
- Questions in regard to VA participation or engagement with the study.
Citing the Grant
Investigators are required to cite the CTSC grant in publications that result from studies that received support from any CTSC resource. Publications that have cited the CTSC grant must also be made publicly available on PubMed Central and have a valid PubMed Central ID (PMCID). The CTSC has resources to help investigators with the process.