Dr. Smita Awasthi aims to provide the best care to her patients and their families, in a safe and compassionate environment. Having grown up in central California and completed a large part of her medical training at UC Davis, she is committed to advancing care and improving the health and well-being of its diverse community through patient care, research, and education.
Dr. Awasthi attended medical school at University of California, Davis. She then completed residencies in both pediatrics (NYU Langone Medical Center) and dermatology (UC Davis), followed by a fellowship in pediatric dermatology at University of California, San Diego and Rady Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Awasthi is triple board certified (Dermatology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Dermatology) and is the Director of Pediatric Dermatology at UC Davis. Although she has a wide range of clinical experience in the diagnosis and management of skin disorders, her particular areas of interest include atopic dermatitis (eczema), acne, and genetic disorders (including ichthyosis and blistering disorders).
Conditions we treat:
- Caused by clogged pores, most common in teens
- Treatments include topical and systemic therapies
- Chronic skin disease that causes inflamed, itchy skin
- Multiple topical and oral treatments available depending on severity
- Common vascular growth present at or just after birth
- Laser surgery available for hemangiomas, port-wine stains and other vascular lesions
- Caused by bacteria, creates red sores or blisters
- Treated with antibiotic ointment or pills
We also treat:
- Rashes related to infections
- Childhood cysts & tumors
- Cradle cap
- Many other skin, hair & nail conditions