UC Davis Health Heart and Vascular Center is the Sacramento area’s leading provider of cardiac services. Our cardiology and heart surgery programs rank among the top 20 in the country, according to U.S. News & World Report.
We specialize in the latest, most innovative treatments for both common and complex heart conditions. These treatments include catheter-based approaches that help you get back to enjoying life sooner. Because these treatments do not require opening the chest, you have less pain and blood loss — and a faster recovery.
Heart services at UC Davis
You undergo procedures at UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento’s top hospital. Our advanced cardiac services include:
- Support for weakening hearts: Our Heart Failure Program is one of the region’s highest-performing programs as rated by U.S. News. This distinction reflects our commitment to providing you with great outcomes and a positive patient experience. We offer comprehensive services, including ventricular assist devices or mechanical heart pumps and heart transplants. Learn more about heart failure.
- Care for structural heart defects: Our Structural Heart Disease Program has a strong reputation for success in treating all types of heart defects. Because of this distinction, other physicians come to learn the latest catheter-based procedures from our doctors. You receive care from these well-regarded experts.
- Dedicated women’s health program: We were among the nation’s first medical centers to develop a program focused on helping women with heart disease. Find out about our Women’s Cardiovascular Medicine Program.
- Innovative catheter-based treatments: Our team is highly involved in cardiovascular clinical trials to improve and increase treatment options. As a result, we offer the most catheter-based heart procedures in the region. These treatments are a less invasive alternative to open-heart procedures.
- Cardiac rehab: We were the first medical center in Sacramento to offer cardiac rehab. This supervised exercise, nutrition and wellness program helps you recover after a heart procedure or event, such as a heart attack.
- A focus on heart health: We have partnered with state and local organizations to offer Prevention Forward. This community-based heart health program helps you eat healthier, manage stress and stay physically active.