Diabetes: Getting Started
Start learning about diabetes
Diabetes: Getting Started is a 2-hour 15-minute diabetes class for those wanting to learn about or update diabetes self-management skills. Class is taught by a Certified Diabetes Educator. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- Understanding diabetes physiology
- Targets for diabetes control (blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and more)
- Identifying causes and symptoms of high and low blood sugar and how to impact them
- The benefits of physical activity
- Goal setting
- The Diabetes In Charge and In Control series covers all aspects of diabetes. Recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting the national standards for diabetes self-management education. You may choose to take one or more of the classes in the series as desired.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis patients, employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "Very good information regards to diabetes. more aware of the condition and how it works. Thank you"
- "Very informative w/exceptional real life examples to aide in understanding. Thank you!"
- "Very informative. An eye opener for new patients that have just been diagnosed!"
Diabetes: Getting Started class schedule
Educational opportunities are offered at varying times at UC Davis Medical Center as well as UC Davis Medical Group offices throughout the greater Sacramento region.