New primary care patients
Once you have selected a UC Davis Health primary care doctor for your everyday health care, please call the UC Davis Medical Group/UC Davis Health office where they are based. Front-office staff will verify the physician’s availability and help you to schedule an appointment.
If you wish to receive UC Davis Health primary care but do not have a specific doctor in mind, we can help you to select a physician that meets your needs. Either call the UC Davis Medical Group office where you’d like to receive care, or our Consumer Resource Center at 800-2-UCDAVIS (800-282-3284).
Always make sure that your health insurance plan includes UC Davis Medical Group/UC Davis Health, and that you have selected it as your medical group.
Current primary care patients
If you are an existing UC Davis patient, you can also request an appointment with your primary care physician using our online patient portal.
If you already have a primary care physician and feel that you need specialty care for a specific medical problem, your primary care physician can refer you to the appropriate specialist. Most UC Davis medical specialists do require a referral from either a primary care physician or another specialist, either in the community or at UC Davis.
For information on the referral process, please contact our Consumer Resource Center at 800-2-UCDAVIS (800-282-3284).
Also be sure to check with your health plan regarding the approval process.
If you have any questions or would like help from our staff in choosing a doctor, please call the Consumer Resource Center at 800-2-UC DAVIS (800-282-3284). Staff members are available to help Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or see our frequently asked questions page.
MyUCDavisHealth (formerly MyChart®)
The MyUCDavisHealth patient web portal — and the new MyUCDavisHealth companion mobile app — both give you a free, secure, and confidential connection to:
- Make appointments and receive personalized reminders
- Send and receive secure, non-urgent messages from your care team, such as medical advice, follow-up questions and medication refill requests
- View and print laboratory and test results
- View after-visit summaries and discharge information
- Review your medications, immunizations, allergies, and medical history
- Explore health education topics, resources, and videos
- Download a summary of your personal health record
- Manage your family’s health record by linking accounts
You can use MyUCDavisHealth in a regular web browser, or by downloading the MyUCDavisHealth app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Learn more about the patient portal.
Video visits available for our patients
The MyUCDavisHealth app brings the care team to you with convenient video visits. You can use your smartphone or tablet for:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Pre- and post-procedure care
- Mental health follow-ups and psychology related services
- Diabetes management, pharmacy consultations and reconciliations
- Oncology follow-ups
For more information, see the Video Visit homepage.