Hosting ESDM Workshops
Prerequisite: Own copy of ESDM Manual »
Attendees: Open to All
Learn about the background, principles, assessment, data, and intervention procedures of the ESDM.
- Administer and complete a developmental assessment of children's skill levels.
- Develop individualized, developmentally-appropriate teaching objectives.
- Implement the ESDM teaching practices and fidelity system to evaluate technique use.
- Maintain data systems and address poor or limited child progress, when needed.
Prerequisite: Attend Introductory Workshop
- Work regularly with 12-48 month aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Hold an education degree and a professional license or certification in your profession that allows you to practice your profession with children with autism and their families independently, that is, without supervision or sign-off from another professional in your field. Your degree and credentials meet the requirements in your state or country for full professional responsibility and ability to sign off on professional records including fee-for-services.
- Register with an interdisciplinary team of 3-5 professionals (e.g., general/special education teacher, developmental/clinical psychologist, SLP, OT, behavior analyst).
- Have the resources to submit training materials (after the workshop is complete) to our center for fidelity review and certification.
Further your knowledge of the ESDM
- Use the curriculum for evaluating a child’s skill level across developmental domains
- Build quarterly objectives and data systems and address poor or limited child progress when needed
- Teach developmental objectives embedded inside naturalistic play routines
- Self-evaluate technique use of intervention strategies
- Receive direct practice with children with ASD and supervision with implementing an ESDM intervention program
Request to host a workshop
Complete and submit the Workshop Inquiry Form at the following link: Hosting Workshop Inquiry Form
If your organization is unable to open the "google link" above, please request a PDF version of the document at the email below.
Please contact the ESDM Training Program Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.