Opting Out From Being Contacted for Research
UC Davis Health is committed to protecting personal privacy and personal information collected via its websites. Where research is concerned, we may disclose health information about you for research purposes, subject to the confidentiality provisions of state and federal law. For example, your health information may be reviewed to determine if you are eligible to participate in a research study. In addition to disclosing health information for research, researchers may contact patients regarding their interest in participating in certain research studies. UC Davis Health Notice of Privacy Practices provides detailed information about research-related and other disclosures of health Information.
You may be contacted for clinical trials at UC Davis and your leftover blood and/or tissue may be used for research purposes unless you opt out.
To opt out of being included in research studies, you may choose one of three ways. Please provide your full name and Medical Record Number
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (855)823-1660
- Write: the CTSC Clinical Trials Office
Attn: Recruitment program
UC Davis School of Medicine
2921 Stockton Blvd, Suite 1400
Sacramento CA 95817
You Can Change Your Mind
You can change your mind about allowing your medical records or tissue to be used for research at any time.
- If you would like to find out more about the kinds of research conducted at UC Davis or how your information or leftover samples are used for research, call (855)823-1660
- If you are concerned about your safety in connection with a research study, call the UC Davis Health Compliance Hotline (800)403-4744
- If you have concerns regarding your privacy in connection with participating in research, call UC Davis Institutional Review Board (IRB) at (916)703-9158