Privacy and Security
The University of California, Davis, Health Office of Continuing Medical Education (OCME) follows technology security and user privacy policies and procedures as set forth by the University of California Office of the President, the University of California, Davis, and the University of California, Davis, Health.
Respect for privacy and how your information is used is important to us. Whether you are visiting our website, registering for a course, or participating in one of our online courses, we have safeguards in place.
Here are the most common situations where visitor and/or learner information is collected and its use. Should you have questions about how we manage other scenarios not listed, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Visiting Our Website
- Aggregate information is collected on the number of users visiting our site, along with the specific webpages visited. This allows us to continually improve our website.
- Periodically we use other web services to optimize our web operations and for quality improvement purposes. These services are used in compliance with University policies and procedures.
- We ask visitors if they want to sign-up to be notified of new CME activities via email. If visitors wish to change their notification status at a later date, they can do so by contacting OCME.
- From time to time we link to other sites that may be of interest to our visitors. Since we do not control these sites, we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- As our website evolves, we may collect additional information or use that information in new ways. If our information practices change, we will update this practice statement.
Registering for a Course
- All learner data collected is needed in order for a user to register for a course and in order to maintain a record of their participation.
- Should fees apply and payment is made with a credit card, additional UC Davis/Payment Card Industry policies and procedures are followed.
- By registering for a course, learners consent to allow OCME to collect their data entered and transmit the necessary information, in aggregate and/or individually based on the requirements for each type of credit, to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System.
- Should Maintenance of Certification (MOC) type of credit be offered, by registering for a course and entering additional information of your diplomate number and birthdate, you consent to allow OCME to collect your individual data and transmit the necessary information to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) for the award of MOC Part II points through the appropriate board identified at time of course registration.
- Occasionally, your learner data may be used to assist in resolving potential verification problems, such as duplicate accounts and/or registrations.
- Information collected is protected and governed by all applicable University policies and procedures.
- Aggregate learner data is used for OCME quality improvement purposes.
- By registering for a course, learners agree to receive communications from OCME about future courses.
Evaluating a Course
- Learners are asked to complete an evaluation, survey and/or knowledge test as part of a CME course in order to provide feedback about the learner's comprehension of the course content.
- Learners are asked to evaluate CME courses in order to improve the course or future offerings.
If you have questions about these privacy and security practices, please contact us at (916) 734-5352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.