How UC Davis Health is helping solve and researching COVID-19
Updated Feb. 1, 2020
As our community and the nation tries to adjust to life during the COVID-19 pandemic, UC Davis Health continues to provide exceptional care to help patients heal and get them back home to their families.
- We set up our own testing capabilities and are using it to help others in the region
- Our lab team members were named to the Governor’s Task Force for COVID-19 testing
- Among first in the nation to use a test that checks for both flu and COVID-19
Our experts have set COVID-19 standards at the state and national levels. This includes developing COVID-19 safety standards for surgeons and authoring COVID-19 guidelines for caring for pregnant mothers and newborns.
Researching and informing the nation on COVID-19
- Helped inform the nation that in routine patient care, COVID-19 transmission is via droplets or contact
- Researching a new form of COVID-19 in children that looks like Kawasaki disease
- See what blood tests of a COVID-19 patient can tell us
- Administering COVID-19 vaccines for patients age 65 and older
- Telehealth video visits let you connect with your physician from home
- Keep you and your family safe at our hospital or neighborhood clinics
- Our Post-COVID-19 clinic is open for long haulers, or people who suffer lasting symptoms
As we all look for a new normal, our experts have recommendations to keep you and your family safe as guidelines in California and across the national continually change.
Prepared to help Northern California
We've opened free COVID-19 testing sites across Sacramento County and in several underserved communities. Additionally, our hospital and clinics remain open and available for any patients who need care.