Nursing Professional Development (NPD) is a specialized nursing practice that facilitates the professional role development and growth of nurses and other healthcare personnel along the continuum from novice to expert. Continual changes in healthcare require nurses to commit to lifelong learning, which enhances professional practice and improves the health of the public. We are proud of all the work we do to provide the highest level of quality professional development to the nursing profession. NPD work is critical to quality patient and organizational outcomes, especially in critical times, and we are making a positive impact every day. NPD practitioners are essential supporters of frontline workers.
- Krista Greaves and Kimiko McCulloch: Poster Presentation, 2021 Association for Nursing Professional Development Conference, “Restructuring Nursing Orientation to Build an Engaged Workforce”, August 2021
- Sabrina McKinney: Podium presentation, ANCC NCPD 2021 Conference: “Support During the Pandemic: Impact of an Expanded Orientation on New Graduate Nurse Confidence”, November 2021
- Sabrina McKinney and Monica Aguilar: Publication in the Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, "Implementing a comprehensive preceptor development program through professional governance", March 2020
- ANCC Accredited Provider Unit - 05/24/2021 - 11/30/2025
- UC Davis Health - Center for Professional Practice of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP) - 05/24/2021 - 07/31/2025
- UC Davis New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs. UC Davis New Graduate Nurse Residency Program at UC Davis Health is recognized by the ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation Program® (PTAP) as an Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs (IRAP).
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP 26
- Preceptor Outcomes Dashboards (intranet)