We hope you enjoyed your health education class. During class we mention a lot of resources you can use to self-manage your conditions and help live a healthy lifestyle. We’ve gathered many of the resources here for you to easily find. Our resource pages are always growing and expanding so check back often. Thank you and we hope you find what you need.
Downloads from Health Management and Education
- Diabetes Food Hub
- All Recipes
- Eating Well
- Spark D
- Diabetes Self-Management Recipes
- Diabetic Gourmet (free electronic monthly newsletter)
- Diabetic Forecast (monthly)
- Diabetes Health (monthly)
- Diabetes Self-Management (bi-monthly)
- Diabetes Voice (quarterly)
- Diabetic Living (8 issues yearly)
Medication and Supply Payment Assistance
- BD diabetes patient assistance 1-866-818-6906
- Care Entree 1-888-411-3888
- Free Drug Card
- Needy Meds
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance 1-888-477-2669
- Together RX Access 1-800-444-4106
- Veterans Prescription Services 1-877-222-8387
- Bayer Contour Choice Strip Program 1-800-348-8100
- Lilly TruTrust
- Medic Alert Foundation U.S. - Bracelets, necklaces; maintains comprehensive personal health information
- Creative Medical ID - Medical ID jewelry with free engraving
- American Medical ID's - Custom-engraved medical identification bracelet and necklace styles
Herbs, Vitamins and Supplements
- Complementary Nutrition
- FDA Dietary Supplements Info
- FDA Safety Alerts
- Herb Reserach Foundation
- International Herb Association
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- White House Commission on Complementary & Alternative Medicine (PDF)
Diabetes Product Manufacturers
Smart Phone Apps and Websites
- Fitness Magazine (monthly)
- Shape Magazine (monthly)
- Prevention Magazine, Spotlight Newsletter (daily)
Smart Phone Apps and Websites
- MyFitnessPal Calorie Tracker
- MyNetDiary Calorie Tracker
- SparkPeople Activity and Calorie Tracker, and recipes
- Diet SNAPS - Photo based food tracking
- Dinner Spinner by All Recipes
- iMapMyRun by MapMyFitness
- Lose It! Calorie Tracker
Community Weight Management Programs
Who can sign my Advance Health Care Directive?
- Your Advance Care Directive can either be signed by two witnesses or notarized.
- Witnesses must know who you are, be 18 years of age or older, not your medical decision maker nor health care provider. They also cannot work for your health care provider or work where you live. At least one witness must not be related to you or benefit financial after you pass.
- Notary Options:
- Most banks offer notary service for members for free or a small fee
- The Notary Public Listing
- UPS Store
- Capital Live Scan, 5706 Broadway, Sacramento, CA
Where do I turn my Advance Health Care Directive into?
- Once logged in, select Menu, then End-of-Life Planning under “My Record”. Under Documents on File, click “Add a Document.” Upload the document. The portal will show the documented as “Accepted” or “Not accepted”. You should be notified via MyUCDavisHealth if it is NOT accepted.
- Primary Care Provider’s office
- Health Information Management - Can do any of the following:
- Fax: 916-734-2126
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: UC Davis Health, Health Information Management, 2315 Stockton Blvd., Bldg. #12, Sacramento, CA 95817
English is my second language and I need the Advance Health Care Directive in my first language.
- Prepareforyourcare.org offers this in English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Armenian, Farsi, Khmer, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese.
Other Learning Modules
- MyUCDavisHealth Advance Care Plan Modules
- Within MyUCDavisHealth, go to “Menu”, then “End-of-Life Planning” under “My Record”. On the right, you’ll see “Helpful Resources”. We encourage you to complete “Prepare for Your Care”. You can also take advantage of the other resources listed.