Strategies to Quit Workshop
In person workshop
A 2-hour interactive workshop addressing strategies to quit tobacco use. Topics include basic information about tobacco addiction, how to break the addiction cycle, medications, and self-management skills. Taught by a Certified Tobacco Specialist and Health Educator. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "I appreciate the opportunity to be able to use these resources. Information was in a nonjudgmental and open manner. Great balance between understanding and reality."
- "Excellent class, I feel much better, hopeful, happy and encouraged. Thank you so much for the class and the amazing educators!"
- "Much valuable information in a 2 hour class. Definitely worth my time. Thank you!"
- "This was a great introduction for anyone interested in smoking cessation. The moderators were clear in their presentation and very knowledgeable. This is the first class of this type and I signed up because I have tried to quit many times but failed miserably on my own. I am hoping to be more successful this time. Thanks for providing the class to give me more ideas to be able to quit."
Strategies to Quit workshop schedule
Educational opportunities are offered at varying times at UC Davis Medical Center as well as UC Davis Medical Group offices throughout the greater Sacramento region.