Physicians should have a broad college level education in the natural, social, and behavioral sciences and the humanities. To be eligible to apply, applicants must complete:
- The Medical College Admission Test (within 36 months of application and the latest exam we accept is during the month of September of the application year) and
- 3 years (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours) in an accredited college or university including the following (verified by American Medical College Application Service) and
- The following prerequisite courses at a U.S. accredited college or university (including community colleges): Note: accreditation can be verified through the Council of Higher Education Accreditation. If the school is not listed, than the coursework will not be considered for UC Davis.
- Biological Sciences: 1 year
- Chemistry, general and organic sequence: 2 years (If you are unable to take a full year of organic chemistry we will accept courses in biochemistry.)
- Physics: 1 year
We accept online classes and do not require labs. However, classes in person, including labs, are preferred. Prerequisite courses are recommended to be completed within 5 years and must be completed by spring of the year intending to enroll. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website which details the application process and requirements needed to apply.
Although not required, 100% of our current students have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation.
Technical, Non-Academic Standards (PDF) are also required.
AP & CLEP Credit
Advanced Placement Credit: we do accept AP scores towards our pre-requisite course requirements; however AP credit needs to be shown on undergraduate transcript, as well as the class it would be credited towards in order to receive credit.
College-Level Examination Program Credit: it is our policy not to accept CLEP credit.