Symptom Screening and Masking at the MIND Institute
The UC Davis MIND Institute has implemented a symptom screening and masking policy for the protection of our patients, participants, family members, and guests.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked a series of questions relating to COVID-19 symptoms. Everyone entering the building will be required to wear a mask. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or one will be issued to you.
Please call to reschedule your appointment if anyone in your family has the following symptoms or if any family members have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Cough (not due to a chronic or known condition)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat (not due to a chronic condition)
- New loss of taste and smell
In order to minimize the spread of infection, all UC Davis Health clinics are now cashless. Credit cards and debit cards are welcome.
Parking and Entrance
We are asking all MIND Institute patients to use the side entrance by the playground. The area is well-marked with signs. Please park in the spaces marked for patients. We appreciate your flexibility.
Appointments and Referrals
The UC Davis MIND Institute clinic provides comprehensive evidence-based assessments of children with possible neurodevelopmental disorders. The clinic providers give treatment recommendations to referring schools, agencies, physicians, and mental health clinicians.
New Patient Referral Coordinator
Families interested in having their children seen in our clinic should ask their primary-care physicians (PCP) to submit a referral to the UC Davis Health's Physician Referral Center at 800-482-3284. Insurance and self-pay options are available. To learn more about our referral process, contact Julaila Musgrove at 916-703-0308.
Research into the causes and most effective treatments is a critical function of the MIND Institute. We welcome your participation in our clinical research studies.
**For prescription refills: Contact your pharmacy for refills.
Prescripción para recambios: Recambios para la prescripción: Por favor, póngase en contacto con su farmacia para recambios.
Families interested in having their children evaluated at the MIND Institute will need to take the following steps:
Step 1: How to begin
Families should first ask their Primary Care Physician (PCP) to submit a referral for the MIND Institute to the UC Davis Physicians Referral Center at 800-4UC-DAVIS. The clinical staff at the MIND Institute will receive the referral from the Physicians Referral Center. For additional information regarding the referral process, contact Julaila Musgrove, New Patient Referral Coordinator, at 916-703-0308.
Step 2: Records collection may include
Patients may be asked for the following:
- Complete an intake questionnaire prior to the visit
- Individualized Educational Plans
- Previous diagnostic and/or psychological testing
- Current and past medical history
- School records
Step 3: Clinic Triage
All referrals are reviewed by a MIND Institute Clinic staff member to ensure that the patient is seen by the appropriate provider.
Step 4: Insurance Authorization
MIND Institute Clinic staff will contact your insurance carriers for authorization and communicate with families.
Step 5: Appointment Scheduling
Appointments are determined according to clinical triage criteria established by a team of clinicians. Generally, an appointment will be made with 3-5 weeks of the referral date. Patient flow, provider schedules and family schedules must also be taken into consideration when scheduling the appointment.
- Currently, insurance and self-pay options are available. We accept most major insurance carriers, as well as 3 mental health care plans. Insurance authorization for services must be provided by the Primary Care Physician (PCP) at the time of the referral for plans that require PCP authorization.
- MIND Institute Clinic staff will obtain authorization from the patient's insurance company for PPO plans not requiring PCP authorization.
- Depending on their insurance carrier, patients may be asked to pay a co-pay at the time of the visit. There are also referrals initiated through contracts with California Children’s Services (CCS), and Regional Centers. Eligibility for referrals generated through these contracts is determined by the service agency.
- Medi-Cal is accepted for certain services, when authorized, including Pediatric Child Development and Pediatric Genetic Services.
- Interpretive services are available for non-English speaking patients.
- Families with children under 3 years of age who have developmental delays or older children who have autism and/or intellectual disabilities should contact their local Regional Center and request an intake appointment.
- Families of children 3 years and older who suspect any type of developmental problem are also encouraged to contact their local school and request an Individual Education Plan (IEP) to assess and treat developmental and learning delays. Children are eligible for school based services free of charge and in a setting appropriate to their specific needs.
- The Resource Center contains information and resources relating to neurodevelopmental disorders and other conditions. Books, handouts, brochures and use of the computer for research are available. The information is helpful to parents, caregivers and the community. For more information about the resources, please contact Steve Ruder at 916-703-0227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Assessment Clinic, please contact:
New Patient Referral Coordinator
Scheduling Phone & Appointment Status
916-703-0300 or 888-883-0961
Fax for sending documents and records
MASSIE FAMILY CLINIC SICK POLICY
The MIND Institute values the health and safety of its patients, research participants, employees, students, and visitors. We ask that if you have an appointment and are experiencing flu like symptoms or other infectious symptoms, please call ahead before visiting the MIND Institute. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment. Our staff will implement these safeguards as conditions warrant. We appreciate your understanding.