Nursing Mission, Vision, Philosophy & Values
Extraordinary Love, Compassion, Courage, Integrity in every situation!
Provide science-based, technologically precise, compassionately delivered patient care.
The highest quality of patient care provided through the advancement of nursing practice.
WE, THE NURSES OF UC DAVIS HEALTH
- believe that our mission is to provide science-based, technologically precise, compassionately delivered nursing care;
- define nursing as a scientific discipline that takes a holistic approach to the diagnosis and treatment of potential and actual responses to illness with a goal of lessening the effects of illness, promoting comfort and healing and
- assisting patients to achieve an optimal level of self care;
- practice in a dynamic university medical center which promotes ongoing learning for all health professionals;
- strengthen our practice through a commitment to innovation and nursing research;
- accept professional accountability to patients, families and the community;
- recognize the uniqueness of each person, and respect, protect and advocate for the individual's right to self-determination, self-expression, confidentiality and dignity;
- believe that we best serve through collaboration with other health-care professionals who join with us in treating and advocating for those who need our nursing care;
- believe that the relationships we build have an inherent capacity to promote health, healing and wholeness;
- commit ourselves to support, acknowledge and nurture one another, thereby creating an environment of mutual respect and caring.