Medical-Surgical Faculty for Master’s Entry in Nursing Program
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing seeks master’s-degree or doctorally prepared registered nurses to join the school as medical-surgical faculty for the Master's Entry in Nursing Program (MEPN) at UC Davis Health or in an external clinical setting.
Full-time positions at the assistant and associate rank in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor (HSCP) Series are available at UC Davis Health, which is located on a modern, 140-acre campus in Sacramento, California. The Sacramento campus is home to the School of Nursing, School of Medicine, UC Davis Medical Center (including a level I trauma center and burn unit, and a full range of outpatient services), a fully accredited children’s hospital, and a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center. Practice locations include UC Davis Medical Center, UC Davis Health department and primary care network clinics, Sacramento County clinics, local FQHCs, and other clinical sites. Betty Irene Moore Hall, the primary campus teaching location for the School of Nursing, is a new, state-of-the art facility that includes four simulation and laboratory suites along with innovative learning spaces.
A candidate for appointment in the HSCP Series shall be evaluated by the following criteria, which shall be appropriately weighted according to the primary emphasis on clinical and clinically relevant teaching and patient care services, according to the needs of the school and the individual’s responsibilities in the specific discipline. The four criteria are:
- Professional competence and activity
- Scholarly or creative activity
- University and public service
Diversity, equity and inclusion
All individuals in the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing are accountable for maintaining and fostering a culture of inclusion, as outlined in the School’s Diversity and Inclusion webpage at https://health.ucdavis.edu/nursing/diversity_inclusion/diversity_index.html.
All candidates will also be evaluated on their contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
A master’s degree or doctoral degree (e.g. DNP, EdD, PhD) is required at the time of application. The candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate of a nationally accredited college or university, which includes course work in nursing, education or administration
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of California
- Eligible for approval as a Medical-Surgical Content Expert with the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five years in the nursing area to which the individual is assigned, which can be met by the following: One year of continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area or one academic year of registered nurse-level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency
- Completion of at least one year of experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a postbaccalaureate course, which includes practice in teaching registered nursing
Certification as a certified health care simulation educator (CHSE) is preferred.
Successful candidates provide clinical teaching in the area of medical-surgical at UC Davis Health or in an external clinical setting. This includes teaching of direct patient care as well as clinical skills for graduate-level prelicensure students from the School of Nursing. Additional responsibilities include overseeing students conducting patient care, providing feedback, and assisting with training. The candidate also serves as a member of the School of Nursing faculty. In this role, the incumbent teaches students in didactic and clinical courses, participates in clinical skills workshops, and provides mentoring and professional guidance to students. Medical-surgical faculty are also involved in scholarly activity and committee service commensurate with this position.
All candidates are required to submit a cover letter describing how they will complement the mission and vision of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, a curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three professional references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a statement on contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion. One complete set of teaching evaluations is optional.
Applicants should apply online at the UC Davis Recruit website.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please email: email@example.com.
UC Davis is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff and students.