The health expertise of a world-class university – still among your lowest-priced options
You can continue to access UC Davis Health care at Kaiser rates
When you're considering your health care options this year, we hope you'll consider staying in the UC family and select a plan that includes UC Davis Health.
NEW THIS YEAR: To make care more convenient for our Davis-based faculty, staff, and students, in late 2020 we'll be opening a second primary care clinic in the city – right on the university campus. It will feature dedicated primary care doctors, easy bike access and plenty of parking, and be open by Jan. 1 to serve our new enrollees for 2021.
How to choose UC Davis Health
1. Choose a health plan that we accept
To choose us for your family’s everyday care, first select a health plan that includes UC Davis Health (we may also be listed as UC Davis Medical Group).
Monthly employee contribution rates for the UC Blue & Gold HMO and the UC Health Savings Plan PPO continue to remain among the lowest-priced options. Compared to Kaiser, UC Blue & Gold offers more benefits for the same price in terms of out-of-pocket maximum and ER visits.
- UC Care PPO
- UC Blue & Gold HMO
- UC Health Savings Plan
- UC Medicare PPO
- UC Medicare PPO without Prescription Drug
- UC Medicare Choice
- UC High Option Supplement to Medicare
- (Note: If you are using a partner's non-UC health plan, you can also find UC Davis Health's main list of accepted health plans here).
The rates shown in certain University of California system-wide materials and websites may NOT reflect the plan rates for UC Davis employees.
Because UC Davis is part of a special pilot program for the next several years, plan rates for UC Davis employees remain lower than those listed in some UCOP and UC-wide benefits materials and websites, such as the UCnet site.
- The UC Blue & Gold HMO rates listed on the UCnet website, and included in the body text of the UC Open Enrollment brochure mailed to your residence, are not the rates for UC Davis and ANR employees.
- A special insert (folded 8.5 x 11 sheet) in the UC Open Enrollment brochure mailing does contain the correct UC Davis rates.
- UC Davis-specific rates are also posted on the UC Davis Human Resources website.
For additional UC open enrollment information, visit the UC Davis Human Resources open enrollment page.
You will make any health care changes through UC Path, and will need your login and password.
Plans information last updated Oct. 26, 2020 for 2021 open enrollment.
2. Choose UC Davis Health as your medical group
We may be listed as UC Davis Health or as UC Davis Medical Group in your plan materials.