Helpful Information on Volunteering for Research
Should I Participate?
Debunking Common Myths
- If there is a clinical trial that could help me, my doctor will tell me about it.
- Clinical trials are dangerous because they use new practices and medicines.
- If I join a clinical trial, I might get a “sugar pill” or placebo instead of a real drug.
- If I join a clinical trial, I won’t get the same level of care that I receive with my doctor.
- Being in a clinical trial does not help the volunteer.
- Being in a clinical trial costs a lot and isn’t covered by medical insurance.
What is a Placebo and Why Are Placebos used in Clinical Trials?
African-Americans and Clinical Research
Los Hispanos y la Investigacion Clinica
- Que es una investigacion clinica?
- la Salud de los hispanos y las investigaciones clinicas
- Son seguras las investigaciones clinicas
- Cosas a tener en cuenta antes de hacerse voluntario
- Lo que debe saber
- Preguntas que puede hacer antes de particular en una investigacion clinica
- Aprenda nas sobre la investigacion clinica
Should My Child Participate?
Taking Part in a Clinical Trial
Let Us Recognize and Thank Study Volunteers
- Thank you to the millions of people who participate in clinical research each year. They make new medical discoveries possible so we can all live healthier, happier lives.
- They are medical heroes and they can be found in everyday places.
- Clinical trials would not be possible without study volunteers.